Re: [Orekit Developers] Low-Thrust Implementation in DSST

Le 17/04/2018 à 08:40, contact@dkolosa.com a écrit :
> Hello all,

Hi Daniel,

> I am working on my doctorate dissertation on low-thrust trajectory
> optimization. I have been looking at implementing low-thrust into the
> DSST propagator. From a previous post on this topic:
>
> As low-thrust propulsion can be modeled as an acceleration and as Orekit
> implementation of DSST can consider general acceleration models
> contribution to both mean elements and short periods, it should be easy
> to add a low-thrust model to DSST.
>
> Could the modeling of the contribution be done by applying the
> ConstantThrustManeuver force model to the getLLimits(spacecraft state)
> to the DSST AbstractGaussianContribution class?

I think it should work.

> Or would the other option be to use DSSTForceModel's initialze to get a
> list of short period terms and apply the acceleration contribution to
> the updateShortPeriodTerms.

A proper thrust full model for thrust could also be developed, this is
another way to handle manueuvers. In this case, bothe the mean elements
rate and the short periodic terms should be implemented. This is what
AbstractGaussianContribution does for a general acceleration, but it
could be done by a specialized implementation with dedicated equations.