Re: [Orekit Developers] Next Release Date?

On 12/14/2015 11:57 AM, MAISONOBE Luc wrote:

> Evan Ward <evan.ward@nrl.navy.mil> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Evan,
>

>> Is there a planned release date for Orekit 7.1? I've noticed it has been
>> about a year since the last release of Orekit and I think we've added
>> many good features and bug fixes since then.
>
> Ah, this is a good question!
>
> The quick answer is: probably in January.
>
> There are two reasons for this schedule.
>
> The first one is that the current development version of Orekit
> depends on a
> version of Apache Commons Math which is not yet released (future
> version 3.6,
> currently 3.6-SNAPSHOT). We need this version because some bug
> corrections
> that were included in 3.6. I have asked on the Commons developers list
> a few
> weeks ago about a release. The other developers agreed and I am polishing
> some rouhgh edges (just finished field-based ODE and still trying to fix
> Adams integrators). I expect to start the release process for Apache
> Commons
> Math this week or next week probably. It will probably take a full
> week to
> complete, counting 2 or 3 release candidates before the vote pass.

That's good to hear you're looking in to the Adams integrators. I had
noticed that they tend to get stuck, but I didn't know if it was a bug
or if I was using it incorrectly, so I just switched integrators.

> The second reason is that we still have some features to add to Orekit
> itself.
> Some are highly expected and were promised months ago, some are more
> routine
> work, even if they may be quite large.
>
> Be assured that we are working a lot on Orekit!

Of course. :) I'm looking forward to everything in the upcoming release.

Regards,
Evan