Re: [Orekit Developers] Semi-analytic DSST propagation

Le 12/10/2015 16:28, JOUANNIC Brian a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Brian,

> I have a question concerning the use of the semi-analytic propagator
> implemented in Orekit.
>

> As this kind of propagator is known to reduce the CPU load at an
> acceptable precision cost, I wanted to use it in an algorithm involving
> a large number of short propagations (typically over a couples of
> orbits) instead of a numerical propagator.
>

> However, it seems that for repeated short term propagations, a
> NumericalPropagator performs better (in terms of computation time) than
> a DSSTPropagator. From my understanding, it looks like this is due to
> the fact the initialize() function of the TesseralContribution class is
> called at the beginning of each propagation, causing the algorithm to
> spend about 50% of CPU time in this function.
>

> It is possible that I am not using the DSSTPropagator properly and that
> is why I am asking you whether you could help me on that matter.

Are all your propagations related to the same orbit or do they
correspond to different initial states?
Are your propagation in sequence (say t0 -> t1, then t1 -> t2, ...)
or do they correspond to different evaluations over the same range?