[Orekit Developers] Data Loading Updates

Hi,

With all the discussion recently about data loading recently I thought
it is a good time to bring up another data loading idea. Currently once
the EOP data are loaded and frames are created the EOP data can't be
updated. For long running web services it would be nice to be able to
ingest new EOP as they are available. That way you could use the latest
EOP data without restarting the server. Do other orekit users think this
would be useful? Would it be in scope for a SOCIS project?

For the data update to work, we would need to have cooperation from the
user application to avoid frames inconsistency. Perhaps something
similar to what we currently do in the unit tests to clear out the old
data, add new providers, and then let Orekit load the updated data.

Best Regards,
Evan