Re: [Orekit Developers] SOCIS Schedule

Bob Reynders <tzbobr@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi all,

Hi Bob,

I only just found out about SOCIS! I'm very interested in the proposals
regarding data loading, the demonstration application and the web
application.

Unfortunately I'm currently finishing the final year of my masters (Applied
CS) and will be occupied with my thesis and exams throughout June.
I consider myself an advanced (Java) developer but would I still be
eligible for one of these projects if I miss the entire month of June? My
summer holiday starts late June, beginning of July and ends in
September/October (start of Ph.D program) so there's little I can do on my
end.

If you think you can achieve some results at project scheduled end, then it would be find with us even if you start later. We would simply ask you to at least do some very preliminary work (a few hours work) at start, like installing, compiling and running the unit tests as soon as possible. We are required by ESA to do a first intermediate evaluation in the first month, so we need something to evaluate.

In the three subjects you are interested in, the one that we would prefer on our side is the data loading, but of course if you really prefer another one, feel free to choose what you prefer.

Thanks!
Bob