Re: [Orekit Developers] New tasking

Hank Grabowski <hank@applieddefense.com> a écrit :

Hello all,

Hi Hank,

I submitted the changes for Issue 144 (the unified elevation detector).

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look at it.

Assuming you don't need me to make modifications to that code I am ready to
move on to other things.  With 6.1 coming up I imagine new features are
probably not what you are looking for.  I have a couple simple ones I
wouldn't mind trying to add (like STK e-file and a-file parsers to go along
with the CCSD ones).

That sounds interesting, but it also seems it can wait after 6.1.

For your information, there will still be an additional feature about ocean tides. The job is almost ready but not committed yet. I think I will commit it next week.

However assuming the timelines are too short for that
(especially for the attitude one) then the things I was thinking of
potentially working on next would be:

1. There are about 30 compiler warnings being generated.  I could try to
clean up some or all of them.

2. We have really good unit test code coverage but it's not 100%.  I could
start working on additional JUnit tests around clasess that have no tests
and/or fill in tests that you believe need some potential rework.

3. I could do a documentation scrub

All these tasks are interesting for us. My personal priorities would be unit tests improvements first, then documentation and the warnings. However, you can choose as you want.

None of those three things are fun, but they are important for releases so
I'm happy to lend a hand getting that done instead of pursuing new features
that may not be able to be integrated this release

Yes, we should try to publish new versions more frequently, and not always postpone them because we want to include something more.

Thanks again,
Luc

Hank