[Orekit Developers] Getting Started

As I stated in a previous e-mail, I've been following and using Orekit in varying degrees for awhile now but just recently joined the development team to see how I could contribute back to the project.  I've read over the Orekit Governance document, all of the pages on the wiki with respect to coding philosophy, style, et cetera.  According to the website, wiki and governance document it seems the next step would be for me to e-mail this mailing list to begin interacting with the development team to start taking on tasks.  I have my own ideas for some things I'd like to see added to Orekit, however before I get to that point I often find it good to get my feet wet on a new code base by helping on existing targeted tasks.

I have been through the issue tracker on the orekit.org site and see a few new issues that haven't been started yet.  A couple of them seem like smaller issues that may be good to get started with.  I see many resolved issues that look like they have been successfully submitted.  I do not know your issue workflow, but in traditional work flows I'm experienced with independent verification is necessary to move an issue from "resolved" to "closed".  I'd be happy to help burn down those issues by starting the process of validating their completeness.  Since this would be my first contribution I'd be happy to coordinate either effort with one of the primary developers (based on my reading of the repository stats that would be either Luc Maisonobe, Pascal Parraud or Fabien Maussion).

Thanks for all of your efforts to date.  I look forward to contributing.

Thanks,

Hank