Re: [Orekit Developers] Satellite Tracker demo application

Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> a écrit :

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM, MAISONOBE Luc <luc.maisonobe@c-s.fr>wrote:

It's basically a tutorial how to use Vaadin together with Spring and
JPA, and I wanted to something more interesting than just a simple CRUD
application.

The result maybe also of interest to this community and can be found
here (Apache license): https://github.com/netomi/sat-tracker

To use it just type in the following:

 git clone git://github.com/netomi/sat-tracker.git
 mvn clean compile
 mvn jetty:run

I failed at th mvn jetty:run part. Here are the errors I get:

oh, I got it wrong, you have to do a mvn package first

Thanks, it now works perfectly.

This is a really nice demo, so setting this up in 1-2 days as you say is impressive.

  - make use of frames thread-safe

Looking at the orekit jar, I see you did not use the TimeStampedCache and
TimeStampedGenerator from the multi-threading branch. How did you implement
thread-safety ? Did you find any issue in the branch ?

The demo was just quickly done in 1-2 days, so I needed a quick fix. What I
have done so far was to disable the cache in the FramesFactory, other
changes with the TimeStampedCache will follow.

  - add support for ephemeris mode to TLEPropagator

Would you like to commit this fix ?

Yes, I already created an issue, but wanted to wait for feedback before
committing.

OK, I'll discuss it on the forge.

Luc

This works looks very promising, thanks again
Luc

Thanks for looking at it.

Thomas