Re: [Orekit Developers] Feature #34 (Getting the acceleration computed by a ForceModel)

On 01/24/2012 08:03 PM, MAISONOBE Luc wrote:

I copied some text from the issue comments:

> The problem I see with an API providing only a PVCoordinates but no
> reference frame is that it is ambiguous. When conversions occur in
> other parts of Orekit, two approaches are typically used.

I totally agree. One thing I really like about the AbsoluteDate is that
it always contains the reference time system, which makes it trivial to
convert between different time-scales.

What do you think about an AbsoluteCoordinate/AbsoluteVector class that
resembles the idea of the AbsoluteDate?

> So I would suggest using Yannick API but to add a frame parameter.

You mean the computeAcceleration signature would be something like this:

Vector3D computeAcceleration(SpacecraftState s, Frame target) throws
OrekitException;

and the resulting Vector3D would be in the target frame?

Thomas