Re: [Orekit Developers] New snapshot with favorites management

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@c-s.fr> wrote:
>>   This issue wasn't as easy as it first sounds. The reason is that when
>>   you press the "Next" button, Android will try to find the next widget
>>   to edit with a "DOWN" direction, and not a "RIGHT" direction like we
>>   would like for Vector3D.
>>
>>   I've managed to fix this once, but the fix was flawed when there were
>>   two Vector3D widgets in the same panel. But I figured that you can
>>   catch keyboard actions (like reply to the "Next"/"Done"/"Search"
>>   button in the virtual keyboard) by using
>>   TextView.setOnEditorActionListener(), and override Android's way.
>
> I'll have a look at the code. Does this mean we will have to do such
> overridin in every input form we create ?

No, you don't need to. The only thing I've done is to override it for
Vector3D input fields, so the next button is catched and handled
properly. If you don't override it, it will go Android's natural way
of browsing "down".

>> * In order to embed the dataset in the apk, I've used Orekit's
>>   ClasspathCrawler, but it didn't work (and raised a
>>   NullPointerException) if I didn't change all the
>>   ClasspathCrawler.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(name) to
>>   getClass().getResourceAsStream(name) in Orekit.
>
> I would prefer the dataset to be installed along with the apk but not be
> embedded in it, so user can change the data set. Some data are updated
> regularly, for example new values for the Earth Orientation Parameters
> are published each month.

The DirectoryCrawler for the sdcard is still here, and as Orekit seems
to manage data sources in a FIFO order, it should search the sdcard
before searching the embedded dataset (but I've not tested it).

Thanks!

Alexis