[Orekit Users] 0.1 deg Inclination bias?

Hello,

This is my first post to this list, so I would just like to start by thanking everyone who contributes to this project. Its an incredible resource.

I am trying to use Orekit for mean state generation for stationkeeping using DSST. To that end I want to take in a vector from an external source (in this case, STK) read it in, propagate it, including manoeuvres, and then use DSST to get pre and post-maneouvre mean states. If I take a J2000 vector and provide it to DSST to get a mean state, I get an inclination of 97.75 deg. However, if I first propagate that same vector and then pass it through DSST I get an inclination of 97.65 (in this case, without any manoeuvres).

I'm using the same methods as outlined in the "MasterMode.java" tutorial for my "pre-mean" propagation, but I've modified it by including solar and lunar grav and DTM2000 drag.

Can anyone explain why there is a 0.1 deg shift in the inclination? I can provide the code if it helps.

Thanks,

Greg Hammel

Gregory Hammel
Analyste de la dynamique de vol
Contractuel SED a division of Calian Ltd. Utilisation de l’espace
Agence spatiale canadienne / Gouvernement du Canada
gregory.hammel@canada.ca / Tél.: 450-926-5138

Flight Dynamics Analyst
Consultant SED a division of Calian Ltd. Space Utilization
Canadian Space Agency / Government of Canada
gregory.hammel@canada.ca / Tel.: 450-926-5138