Re: [Orekit Users] Orekit and JAT

w.grossman@ieee.org a écrit :

I see on the NASA website a "Java Astrodynamics Toolkit" (JAT), last updated
in 2013.  I also see Luc's name on the home page,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jat/ .  Is Orekit a superset?  Does JAT have
any capabilities that complement OreKit?

Basically, JAT is twice dead;
JAT and Orekit were independent projects. JAT was stopped a long time ago,
before Orekit was published as open-source. Then someone tried to revive
it and invited me to come along. I suggested at that time to have Orekit
as the lower level and JAT as the application level. It never went any
further and was put back into limbo.

Beware, this is only my opinion. I would be delighted to be proved wrong,
so if anybody knows fresher news about JAT, please share them.

Luc