Von: orekit-users-request@orekit.org [mailto:orekit-users-request@orekit.org] Im Auftrag von Ward, Evan
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 16:21
An: orekit-users@orekit.org
Betreff: Re: [Orekit Users] Propagating with Threads (Error)

Hi Javier,

Don't share a Propagator between threads. I.e. make Satellite.propagator not static. Could you submit a bug to document that propagators are not thread-safe? It is currently documented for NumericalPropagator, but not TLEPropagator or Propagator. [1]

Altitude is in meters. Orekit uses m, s, rad, kg unless otherwise documented. Could you create a bug to document units there?

Patches are also welcome with the bugs if you would like to fix the issues.

Some other unsolicited advice. :) Use TLEPropagator.selectExtrapolator() instead of new SGP4(). [2] Use an ExecutorService [3] instead of Thread.

Best Regards,

Evan