Re: [Orekit Users] JB2008 atmosphere parameters

Hello Nathan,

Yes, you're right, Orekit doesn't provide an implementation of the JB2008InputParameters interface.

You can have a look at the test of the JB2008 model into the source code (src/test/java/org/orekit/forces/drag/atmosphere/JB2008Test.java), the inner class InputParams is such an implementation dedicated to the test with embedded data.

In real life, input data for the JB2008 model can be get from the files available at http://sol.spacenvironment.net/~JB2008/indices.html

It is the same for the NRLMSISE-00 model, no implementation of the NRLMSISE00InputParameters is provided, but in this case the MarshallSolarActivityFutureEstimation class, which reads MSAFE files, can be easily extanded to implement the NRLMSISE00InputParameters interface.

Best regards,

Pascal