[Orekit Users] 2015 International Space Apps Challenge - a project that can use Orekit /and/ Rugged?

I'm involved in a project for the 2015 International Space Apps Challenge. I'm listing both Orekit and Rugged as possible resources. Orekit proved useful (thanks to the help of the Orekit team) in winning a prize at the Tokyo Space Apps Challenge in 2014.

  http://tokyo.spaceappschallenge.org/2014/img/release/PressRelease_H_20140423_02.pdf

This was for the project Sprite Orbits

  https://github.com/ProjectPersephone/SpriteOrbits

This year, I want to be involved in something more related to remote sensing. The premise is remote sensing from equatorial LEO satellites, so that visitation rates are high, permitting /potentially/ meaningful oversampling if the effects of transitory shadows can be filtered out.

  https://github.com/ProjectPersephone/Moombi

I'm very new to remote sensing and satellite image analysis. It seems to me that, for /some/ of what Moombi is about (flood and landslides, and their ecological effects), Rugged might be ideal. Landslides can cause slight changes in terrain, and more significant changes in coloration. Flooding might be considered similarly. I'd like to get some opinions on this. Am I on the right track?

There are a few orbital dynamics issues in this -- for example, it would be nice to model a whole ELEO remote-sensing satellite mission from launch to reentry, maybe even the spacecraft orientation problem. But I think terrain mapping has to be where we concentrate. I just want to be sure that Rugged can be useful to us. If it is, well, the Apps Challenge is the beginning, not the end, for the Moombi project.

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner@projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry