Re: [Orekit Users] geoid undulation

Hi Luc,

thank you for the information, I’ve another question regarding geoid undulation, please correct me if I’m wrong:

In the orekit WMM implementation (GeoMagneticField), it is stated that the given hight in calculateField is "the altitude in kilometers above mean sea level“, but the WMM.COF file with the mentioned NGA WMM_SubLibrary.c only supports hight above ellipsoid (wgs84), is there documentation error ? The NOAA software accepts both ellipsoid hight and MSL by doing an undulation calculation with EGM96 15min grid interpolation, but I miss this in the orekit implementation.

In the orekit WMM.COF file format there exists both min. and max. altitude, from where are these values from  ?

thank you and best regards
odi