Re: [Orekit Users] no IERS UTC-TAI history data loaded

I am building from source using Eclipse. It looks like adding the "resources" directory to the Eclipse sources list fixed my problem.

Thanks for your help.

- Rick

From: MAISONOBE Luc <luc.maisonobe@c-s.fr>
To: orekit-users@orekit.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Orekit Users] no IERS UTC-TAI history data loaded

MAISONOBE Luc <luc.maisonobe@c-s.fr> a écrit :

> Hi Rick,
>
> Dawn Kirk <rdkirk@yahoo.com> a écrit :
>
>> Thank you Luc. These resources helped me get past the first problem.
>> I am still not able to run any of the tutorials.  In each case, I
>> get an error indicating a missing file.
>> For example, when I try to run VisibilityCheck.java, I get:
>> "unable to find file
>> /assets/org/orekit/IERS-conventions/2010/nutation-arguments.txt".
>> I even tried copying the assets directory to "C:/", but still no
>> luck.
>
> This one is more tricky. I guess you compiled Orekit by yourself
> and did not use the binary jar. In this case, you have to take care
> your development environment is complete, which is described in the
> building page of the wiki there:
> <https://www.orekit.org/forge/projects/orekit/wiki/Building#Building-with-Eclipse>.
>
> You probably did not put the necessary orekit/src/main/resources in your
> classpath, and the permanent data embedded within Orekit itself are
> not found. These data are quite different from the configuration data
> because they never change. They represent some supported models, like
> precession-nutation for the various IERS conventions and similar things.

To be more explicit, you should add the folders above just as if they were
source folders. As they are not java source but simple text files unknown to
the java compiler, your development environment (Eclipse in the wiki example
but can be any other IDE) will simply copy these files from the source folders
to its binary folder and there they will be picked up by Orekit which knows
how to search in its classpath. This is a standard way in Java to embed data
resources in applications. It is for example often used to store icons or
messages in graphical user interfaces.