Re: [Orekit Developers] Extracting TAI-UTC from IERS bulletin A

Evan Ward <evan.ward@nrl.navy.mil> a écrit :

Hi Luc,

Hi Evan,

Based on the feedback you received from the USNO I agree that we should
not use the Bulletin A files for the UTC-TAI. Perhaps we could leave the
new class in Orekit but don't include it in the default loaders. Then if
a user wants to use the UTC-TAI information in the Bulletin A files they
would have to explicitly add the loader.

OK, I have done that and improved the javadoc to make it clear.

I think adding support for the USNO tai-utc.dat files is a great idea
and a feature that I would use.

I have just added it, and taken the opportunity to simplify the
interface for loading UTC-TAI offsets (the older interface has
therefore been deprecated, but I don't think anybody would have
implemented it anyways).

Both UTC-TAI.history and tai-utc.dat are automatically supported
by default, so you only need to have one of these files in your
configuration to get correct dates and avoid the dreaded
"no IERS UTC-TAI history data loaded".

Thanks for finding this issue and running it to ground.

Best Regards,
Evan