[Orekit Developers] Extracting TAI-UTC from IERS bulletin A

Hi all,

I had recently a request by an operational project to extract TAI-UTC from bulletin A files which are already managed by the project rather than extracting them from
UTC-TAI.history.

I have done it and it is available as a new implementation of the existing UTCTAILoader
interface. However, I am clearly unhappy with this.

The problem is that there are known issues with TAI-UTC values in some bulletin A. One issue was in bulletina-xix-001.txt from 2006-01-05 has a wrong year for last leap second and bulletina-xxi-053.tx from 2008-12-31 has an off by one value for TAI-UTC on MJD 54832). The Earth Orientation Department at USNO told us this TAI-UTC data was only provided as a convenience and this data should rather be sourced from other official files. They refered me to bulletin C, but there are also UTC-TAI.history at Paris observatory or
tai-utc.dat at USNO.

As the bulletin A files are a record of past publications, they cannot modify archived
bulletins, hence the errors above will remain forever.

The issue from 2008-12-31 seemed to be due to the limit between the rapid data and the prediction section being exactly on the day of a leap second introduction. According to bulletin A publication schedule, this may well happen again in the case a leap second
were introduced on 2016-07-01 (which we don't know yet).

Another problem is that bulletin A are not available far in the past (I could only find back to 2005) and I am not sure projects that use them keep the full history, whereas UTC-TAI.history
and tai-utc.dat both preserve all data in one single file.

So I would prefer to remove this feature I just added, and only give this UTCTAILoader implementation to this project (the project specifications mandate this use) and not keep
it within Orekit as it could be misused and is not reliable.

On the other hand, I will probably add support for tai-utc.dat, it is pretty straightforward.

What to you think?