Re: [Orekit Developers] orekit 7.0 and WMM2015

On 03/31/2015 03:41 PM, Bouvet, Sabrina wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I use orekit library for WMM loading.
>
> The last WMM file cannot be loaded by orekit, even with its last version.
>
> I investigate the problem and found that the problem comes from
> GeoMagneticModelLoader.readModel().
>
> Is it planned to deliver a new version for orekit library?

Hi Sabrina,

orekit uses a slightly different format to load the WMM coefficients
than the official file. I have planned to support also the standard
format to make it easier for our users.

The current trunk version has already been updated and validated for
WMM2015.

You can use the following file from the test structure of orekit to use
the WMM2015 model:

https://www.orekit.org/forge/projects/orekit/repository/revisions/master/raw/src/test/resources/earth/WMM.COF

Regards,

Thomas