Re: [Orekit Developers] Satellite Tracker demo application

Thomas,

The DSST is unique in that the constants in the theory are a precision set of non-singular (equinoctial) mean elements.

These non-singular mean elements are also a very good choice for the solve-for variables in weighted least squares and recursive estimation processes.

A version of orekit that included a small suite of estimation processes for the mean elements would be very interesting.

Of course there is testing of orekit dsst still to be done.

regards,

Paul

Dr. Paul J. Cefola
Adjunct Professor, Dept. Of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University at Buffalo (SUNY)
Consultant in Aerospace Systems, Spaceflight Mechanics, & Astrodynamics
508-696-1884 (Vineyard Haven MA home phone)
978-201-1393 (cell)

paulcefo@buffalo.edu
paul.cefola@gmail.com