Re: [Orekit Users] Python wrapper installation

Hi,

It is not super-easy but the easiest way is to install the anaconda python distribution from:
https://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/install#anaconda-for-windows-install

Anaconda can install in the user directory of windows without admin rights

You need a java engine for it, and the windows python orekit version in conda is prepared for the one installed by:
conda install -c cyclus java-jdk

Then orekit is installed by:
conda install -c ssc jcc
conda install -c ssc orekit

I think that you then should be able to do "import orekit"
Can highly recommend using jupyter notebook if you are beginner, install by:
conda install notebook

and then type "jupyter notebook" and you get a nice web interface to python.

I will consider if it is possible to make a download-and-go version :)

Good luck!
/Petrus