Re: [Orekit Users] error using boxAndSolarArraySpacecraft with numerical integrator

Hi,

mrt67@msstate.edu a écrit :

I am having a problem using  boxAndSolarArraySpacecraft under solar radiation
pressure with numerical integrators.  I am trying to run one year simulations
for spacecraft of different shapes under solar radiation pressure. If I choose
the spherical spacecraft shape, the simulation runs fine, but if I change the
shape to boxAndSolarArray, I will either get NaN position and velocity, or I
will get the error:  "Java exception occurred:
org.orekit.errors.PropagationException: out of range date for SUN ephemerides: 2000-08-04T00:00:?" for a long enough propagation time . The NaN error occurs

We encountered this type of error when an infinity appeared in a date in older versions of Orekit (the exclamation point in the seconds part of the error message was due to the infinity unicode symbol not being rendered correctly).

This was fixed some time ago and the fix will be released along with version 6.0 of Orekit. Which version of Orekit do you use, is it one of the official version (5.x) or the development version from the Git repository?

when I used a fixed step size numerical integrator (classical runge kutta),
while the other error occurs when I use any adaptive step size numerical
integrator.  Also, these errors only appear for longer simulations (> one
month).  The orbital parameters will influence the amount of time the
simulation can run without error.   Also, for what it's worth, I am calling
these classes from Matlab.

This should not make any differences, the underlying code is the same and the error occurs at a deep layer.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!